Here's the conversation that went on between some dude and me at the pharmacy today. It's one of those "you had to be there for it to be funny" things, but I'll post anyway. So picture a guy in his early to mid 50s who's halfway bald with a grumpy expression on his face. Also, he's dressed like a 14-year-old (and you know what I mean), and I suddenly notice him standing at my register, alone, so I call out to him:
Me: Hi! Are you being helped?
Dude: (He shrugs his shoulders) I don't know, I've been coming here for 3 years and you lost me.
Me: Oh, just a moment, someone will be right with you.
(Then one of my technicians over at a computer tells me he's in the middle of helping this guy, and he's looking on the computer because he can't find anything ready for him.)
Me: Oh, he's helping you. Did you call in a prescription refill or drop a new one off at the window.
Dude: You called me, I don't know.
Me: When did we call you?
Dude: Last week sometime.
Me: I see. It looks like we filled a prescription for you 2 weeks ago, and we called you after it had been on our shelf for 7 days to remind you it was ready to be picked up. If you don't come in to get it after 10 days though, we put it back on the shelf.
Dude: Well you called me.
Me: I realize that. Would you like me to fill those medications again today?
Dude: (He looks off to his side into the distance) I WANNA LEAVE TOWN TODAY!!!
Me: Okay, I'm not asking about you leaving town, I just want to know if you want us to refill this medication so you can pick it up now. Just give me 15 minutes.
Dude: How long do I have to wait!!!
Me: (I wanted to tell him it would be several hours, but instead I just repeated what I said 5 seconds earlier). I'll have it in about 15 minutes.
Dude: You're always a problem.
Then, he walked away.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
I Want To Leave Town TODAY!
Posted by Kristiwistin at 8:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wouldn't say that you're "always" a problem.
So, did you fill it? Now you're driving people out of town? ;)
Post a Comment