CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 22, 2007

What's happening here?

I don't really want to turn this site into some sort of pet peeve list; however, there are things that just must be addressed. Here's a phrase I hear every day: "I could care less." Well, don't say that you could care less unless you mean it. It generally appears to me people who say "I could care less" really look like they COULDN'T care less. I realize my English will win no award and that I am careless in the way I speak and write for the most part; however, I'm trying to change the world one malapropism at a time. If you say "I could care less", it means that you actually care, and that there is a level of caring less than the one you are currently experiencing. If you don't care at all, it's more appropriate to say "I couldn't care less", because there is no level of caring below your current level of caring (which is absolutely ZERO). Now, if this phrase was not such a big problem, I wouldn't have needed to write a huge paragraph about it. You're probably tempted to think that you "could" care less about my blog, but I'm probably sure you indeed could NOT.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

ha ha ha ha ha