CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Should have followed Plan "A"...

So, in the pharmacy we sell something called Plan B. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the item, please refer to this LINK. It's just silly that the slogan for Plan B is "Because the unexpected happens". I mean, is it seriously unexpected? What did you think was going to happen? Anyway, it's been my little joke in the pharmacy that Plan B should be more appropriately named Plan C, because Plan A would be to just not get yourself into a particular situation that would prompt you to utilize Plan B if you were a responsible irresponsible person. Then a failure of that Plan B would lead you to Plan C, which would be to take the item I sell in the pharmacy. I'll still refer to Plan B as Plan B, however, so as not to confuse the reader any further.

It's interesting to note that Plan B sales are very high on Saturday and Sunday mornings, which has led me to consider a money-saving option. My place of employment would more than likely not allow me to bring my idea to fruition, but I think it would be nice if we gave out Plan B punch cards. You know, they could purchase Plan B 10 times and get the 11th free. Oh no, I just remembered that we ran out of Plan B in the pharmacy over this past weekend, and I forgot to order more as I had planned (especially for 4th of July weekend). Blast it!

There are many interesting Plan B purchasers, and most of them aren't memorable beyond 10 minutes. Here's a story from a neighboring pharmacy that I found amusing in a sad sort of way. A man came into the pharmacy to purchase Plan B. He was sold the item, and as he was about to walk away from the pharmacy, he asked, "By the way, what is this used for?" Hmmm, what an odd question for someone (that had just purchased Plan B) to ask. He was told the purpose of the medication, and immediately the anger inside him began to swell as he told us he'd been sent there by his wife to buy Plan B for their 15-year-old daughter.

Then there was the woman that came in on Sunday to buy it, and since we'd been wiped out of our supply due to the busy weekend, we had to regretfully inform her we were out of stock. She was upset by that news, and cried, "What?!? You're out?!? What am I supposed to do?" I had an answer to that question, but I didn't share it with her. What would your answer have been? I have other Plan B stories that are just too pathetic and boring to share, because they involve tweens that attempt to purchase this magical medication, and they are told they are not old enough. Too bad. So sad.

1 comments:

NatalieD said...

My, oh my! That's all I can say.