None of the following mini-stories is necessarily extra exciting or funny, but I just thought I'd take one day from my life in the pharmacy (every once in a while) and share the few things I found amusing.
1. A prescription for Viagra was turned in for a dog. Draw your own conclusions.
2. A mother called to ask me if I could kindly identify the random pills she found in her daughter's dresser drawer. I get phonecalls about this sort of thing on a regular basis. Unfortunately today, the pills were just extra strength Tylenol. Usually the unidentified medication turns out to be something much more interesting.
3. A man called in a refill for one of his medications. He tried to pronounce the name of the drug, but failed after several attempts. He then said, "Oh lemme just spell it for ya. Let's see here on the bottle...hmmm...it's spelled l-e-v-o-t-h-y-r-o-x-i-n-e. There I spelled it. Isn't that crazy? I mean, that's just silly that I can spell it but I can't say it. Isn't that weird? I'll bet most people are the other way around. That just cracks me up. I can read you the letters, but I can't say it." Yeah, that's real weird dude. You can read letters off a label, but you can't pronounce it correctly. That's not normal at all. Maybe you were dropped on your head.
4. My boss, who's been my boss now for the last 5 or 6 months, couldn't remember my name when she called for me today. Oh wait, she's never remembered my name. Isn't that weird? I mean, she knows my phone number, and she can dial it, but she can't ask for me by name. I'll bet most people are the other way around. Ha ha.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Highlights From Today
Posted by Kristiwistin at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You have such a fun job!
Post a Comment