Here's a fun little game that gives you a chance to be the pharmacist. I'll type the first part of a few different conversations I've had with customers, and then you have the last word by filling in the blank. In other words, if you were the pharmacist, what would you say? You can leave your responses in the comment section. (You can respond to any or all. That's what makes this game easy...and fun!)
1. Customer: Can I get Nasonex over the counter?
Pharmacist: No.
Customer: Well, my doctor said it's over the counter so...
Pharmacist: It's not.
Customer: When is it going to be available over the counter?
Pharmacist. Probably never.
Customer: That's soooo weird, because I've had several doctors tell me I can just get it over the counter right now. Are you sure?
Pharmacist: ________________________________
2. Customer: Can I take expired medication?
Pharmacist: That depends on which medication and how old it is.
Customer: It's not that old. Is the reason there's an expiration date on there because it loses some of its potency and it's just not as effective?
Pharmacist: That's part of it.
Customer: So you're saying it would be okay to take this Zyrtec?
Pharmacist. Sure, if it's only barely expired.
Customer: Hmmm, it's been about 10 years...
Pharmacist: _________________________________
3. Customer: I wish I could get paid millions of dollars for just counting pills
Pharmacist: Me too
Customer: You and the drug companies charge way too much money for stuff. It's not fair to me or anybody, and meanwhile you're sitting in your house on the hill raking in the dough.
Pharmacist: ___________________________________
4. Customer: How long's it gonna be? I'm in a hurry.
Pharmacist: About 15 minutes
Customer: That's ridiculous. All you gotta do is slap a label on it. That's your answer for everything -- '15 minutes, 15 minutes, 15 minutes' --- can't you work any faster?
Pharmacist: ____________________________________
5. Pharmacist: Your copay is 42 dollars
Customer: No it's not! I specifically called the insurance before I came in here, and they said my prescription would only be 10 dollars.
Pharmacist: I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with your insurance, and they said it's 42 dollars because you have a deductible.
Customer: No I don't! I just talked to them 20 minutes ago, and they said 10 dollars.
Pharmacist: I talked to them 3 minutes ago, and they said 42 dollars. I don't set the co-pay. You'll have to call your insurance. Did you give them your member number when you called or tell them your name?
Customer: No
Pharmacist: Then whoever you talked to couldn't know that you had a deductible.
Customer: Wal-mart always lies to get more money. I've waited here and waited here, and you're just telling me now that my co-pay is 42 dollars?
Pharmacist: I just found that out after talking to your insurance, and I didn't have to call them for you. I'm trying to help you.
Customer: No you're not. I want to talk to your manager.
Pharmacist: I'm the manager
Customer: Then I want to talk to your boss and tell them how rude and lazy you were, and how you lied to me about my co-pay. There you are, the manager, and you're just sitting back there saying [apply sarcastic tone], 'Ooops, sorry. You can't have your medicine. I don't want to help you. Sorry. Sorry. Oops.' This is why I never come here and I'm never coming here again.
Pharmacist: __________________________________
6. Warning: This one is R-rated
Customer: If my girlfriend has a problem, can I give that problem to another girl?
Pharmacist: What do you mean?
Customer: I mean, if she has...if she has...like an STD
Pharmacist: __________________________________
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
What would you say?
Posted by Kristiwistin at 7:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Great scenarios, Kristin! Let me try.............................Nope, I got nothing. They would all leave me speechless. Maybe they would take bad news better from a puppet, or a ventriloquist's dummy.
1. You can't get it over our conter. Since you checked with several doctors maybe you should check with several pharmacies.
2. You can try it, but don't expect it to do what you'd like it to.
3. I have a house on the hill?!?!?
4. If you would like me to explain why it's necessary to take 15 minutes to correctly fill your prescription, it will be ready in 20 minutes.
5. I'm not sure that you understand the definition of rude or lazy. If you would like this prescription, you must pay $42. You are correct that you do have a $10 copay. You also must pay $32 to be applied to your deductible. When you called the insurance company you only asked them about your copay. Nobody lied to you. Even though you made a mistake and didn't ask about your deductible, I'm trying to help you get your prescription.
6. Not if you don't ___(fill in you own details)__.
Am I as smart as you??
1. Of course I'm not sure. Actually I've just hid it in this enormous store somewhere and expect one lucky person to find it. Whoever finds it wins. Yay!
2. How fun! Let's see what happens when you take it. Couldn't be too bad right?
3. You're right, it's not fair. Too bad some of are just stuck with all that luck!
4. I probably could have worked faster if you had asked nicely but now it's going to take me 30 minutes.
5. Awesome! Please take your business elsewhere. As much as I loved being asked millions of the same stupid question, it would be so much more fun if say, another pharmacist somewhere else could tell you the same thing. Have fun and please don't forget to videotape the action.
6. I'm sure it will all work out just fine. The girl you have already cheated on your girlfriend with now has a lovely present from you which she cannot return. How nice to leave such a permanent mark on someone.
1. a. My uncle Howard would have told you the same thing, but he doesn't know didley squat either.
b. Generally speaking, when someone gets the answer they want, they stop asking.
c. Yes, you can get it over the counter--if you hand me your prescription first.
d. Well, now you have a second opinion. Would you like to pay for the correct advice?
2. I recommend you take it with Exlax. Everything will come out all right in the end.
3. Hey, some of these pills run into big numbers. You may think you are paying too much for what you get, but I get all your crap for nothing.
4. Not while I'm standing here with other customers either in front of you or behind you, listening to you bellyache. If you wanted it sooner, you could have come in earlier. You may help shorten your wait by beginning now to make out your check for the co-pay.
5. Oh, thank you, THANK YOU!
6. If you gave a gift to your girlfriend, why do you think you have a need to give it to someone else? Ask your girlfriend for an answer to your question.
The comments above posted by "Melanie" were actually posted by Melanie's father, your Uncle Howard!
Thank you for your participation everyone! I enjoyed your responses. We'll have to play this game again, and perhaps I'll use some of your ideas in future encounters.
Post a Comment