CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

More Of The Same

I'm deciding to share an example of something that happens to me pretty much every day. A customer tells me something is true, I tell them it isn't true, they tell me it is, I tell them it's not....etc. It's sometimes the other way around. Anyway, a woman came to pick up a prescription for a friend, and it wasn't ready because no prescription was even dropped off. She left, and about 20 minutes later I got a phonecall from the patient. She was very upset that her prescription for Mobic (which she pronounced "mo-beek") had not been filled, since it had been dropped off by a male friend earlier that day. Sometimes (1 in 5,000) we lose a prescription that's dropped off. I told her I'd look through the pile of prescriptions from the day and that I'd check with my staff to see if it had been misplaced. I asked her about what time her friend dropped it off, and she said, "Oh, it was around 2:00 or 3:00." That gave me an idea of where in the stack to search; however, I found nothing. I took her off hold and told her that we definitely did not have a prescription. She said, "That's not true. It was dropped off, but actually it was around 4:00 or 5:00." I searched again, but still came up with the same result. I informed her of this, and she said, "That's just ridiculous. It was dropped off! I know it was, because I specifically called around 3:00 to ask if it was ready and if it was a narcotic." I said, "Wait, I thought it was dropped of at 4:00 or 5:00." She said, "Well it was." I was confused. Anyway, I told her I could page the doctor to see if he'd call it in for her after hours, since I absolutely couldn't fill it based on her word. She called about 5 minutes later and chewed out a technician, saying, "This is crap. I switched to you guys from another pharmacy because they always screwed up my stuff. I'm gonna tell everyone you lost my prescription." Then she asked to talk to the manager (which was me), so I picked up the phone to tell her again that we had nothing for her. I asked if her friend remembered the person who helped him at the drop-off window. He couldn't remember. So, I said, "Was it a short woman with long black hair and glasses?" She asked him and he suddenly remembered that's who it was that had helped him. That's interesting, since we don't employ anyone that looks like that. I told her once more that we'd just have to wait and see if the doctor was going to be nice enough to phone in a prescription. Well, the doctor did call, we got the prescription ready, and the patient herself came in to pick it up. Now, it took a lot of guts for her to tell me what she told me upon her arrival to the pharmacy. She held up a prescription for Mobic and said, "This was in my truck the whole time. I'm so sorry." Yeah you're sorry.

1 comments:

pinkfrostycookies said...

Where do these people come from?