I didn't help this fellow, but I heard him. I heard him all too well. He walked up to the window to drop off a prescription for his wife. It is standard procedure to ask for the date of birth of the person for whom the prescription is written, so my technician asked, "What is her date of birth?" Irritated, he replied, "I don't remember. How would I know something like that!?" My technician asked, "Well, can you remember what month? Can you guess a general range of dates? We just need the birthday to verify the patient." Even more irritated, he shouted, "I don't know! You figure it out!"
We have a lot of husbands come in who have a hard time remembering their wife's birhday, but they try. Oh how they try! It's one thing if your husband forgets your birthday. It's another thing entirely when he refuses to remember/know it and acknowledge the importance of it. So today, let's give our husbands a break, unless your husband is this guy. Then you have my permission to kick him in the shins.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
This guy will make your husband look like THE BEST EVER!
Posted by Kristiwistin at 10:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for providing our entertainment for the evening. Keep the stories coming!
So how did you resolve it? Would have been so fun to call the wife and say, "I've got your husband here trying to pick up your prescription but he can't remember your birthday." Do you often wonder if you are on candid camera when dealing with these dummies?
Well, I'm not sure how it was resolved. We probably found someone in the computer with the same name and then questioned him about an address or phone number to verify the correct patient when he picked up. I know you all were very concerned about that.
I like Janet's idea of calling the wife. Some people!
Post a Comment