A very irate woman came to the pharmacy the other day to accuse us of giving her something other than her prescribed medication. It wasn't that we were giving her the wrong medication. The accusation was that we pocketed the medication that was meant for her and instead filled her bottle with candy. She brought us her prescription bottle to prove it. Sure enough, it was filled with candy. We explained to her that it was not a practice of our pharmacy to switch medications, such as her temazepam (a narcotic sleep aid) with candy. After several minutes, we finally got her to believe us. Then we asked her the usual questions when we get a complaint of this nature: "Do you live alone? Where do you keep your medications in your house? Have you traveled anywhere with your medication?" Everything seemed to check out. We kept pressing, "Are you sure nobody has been in your house?" She assured, "I'm positive. I live alone, and I'm the only one that uses the bathroom where these pills are kept." Then she said, "My grandkids were here this weekend. Maybe I'll check with them to see if they noticed anything unusual. I asked them if my medication looked like candy to them, and they thought it looked like regular pills, but I knew there was something different about it." Of course those teenage grandkids thought it looked normal.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment