If you're a parent, you may have had the experience of a complete stranger taking up the task of correcting your child. If you're like me, you just kinda grin and treat that stranger like they are the most amazingly perfect person on the planet, and that, without them, your child would have become a menace to society. Something a little different happened at the pharmacy yesterday. A darling 2-year-old was coughing a little while his cute, quiet mother was standing in line to pick up prescription. The lady in front of her in line, who had just finished being rung up, turned to the mother and said, "Does he know how to cover his mouth?" As that woman stormed off, the mother yelled to her, "He has allergies and asthma, you freaking moron! He's 2, you stupid idiot! What the *&% #*#? You moron! Yeah, walk away. Keep walking. Of course he isn't going to cover his mouth, he's freaking 2! YOU suck, you freaking idiot. He's 2!" That was something I wanted to back away from, but I felt her piercing eyes upon me right after that incident. A nervous shoulder shrug is all I could offer. I know, I usually have something to say. While I can see the dual perspective, it's interesting to imagine those two women stuck on an elevator together. Karma would have me stuck on that elevator with them, I'm sure, so let's just stop there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment