CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

If you're over 65, don't read this.

Senior citizens basically fund my paycheck; however, they also fund my frustration. I'll provide an example. Yesterday, one of these 65+ ladies called to refill some prescriptions. I answered the phone and decided to help her with the refills because all of the technicians were busy, and I'm a pharmacist of the people. Sometimes I'm too good for you. Other times I step away from my throne and scepter to offer help. Anyway, out of habit, I asked if she had her prescription numbers handy. She replied, "Well now, I don't know if I can see these darn things." I quickly told her that I didn't really need the numbers and that I could refill her prescriptions anyway. It was too late. She had put down the phone to find her glasses. In the meantime, I could hear her cussing about not being able to locate those glasses. Then she came back on and told me it would be a moment before she would be able to read the numbers. I tried to tell her once more that I didn't need them. Too late again. She had put down the phone to continue to cuss while looking for her glasses. Then, she found her glasses. What happened next? She began to push the digits of her prescription numbers on the phone keypad. I tried to stop her, but she just kept pushing those numbers. I heard her say, "I think I got 'em." Then, she hung up.

0 comments: