I get "fake" prescriptions called into my pharmacy on a regular basis. At least once a week, I encounter altered prescriptions, entirely fake prescriptions, or phoned fraud. Well, last night I received a call from someone posing to be a doctor's nurse. To maintain anonymity, we'll call him Nick Jonas. Nick called in a prescription for a patient by the name of...let's say...Patrick Duffy. Anway, Nick said the doctor asked him to call in a prescription of Xanax 2mg #90 with 2 refills for Patrick. I knew it was fake immediately for reasons I won't list at this time. Anyway, after Nick gave me the info for the Rx, he said he wanted to call Patrick and tell him when it would be ready. I said, "Oh, I'll call the patient and tell him when it's ready." Nick asked, "Are you sure?" I said, "Yeah, no problem. I'd be happy to call him." So, today Patrick called and asked if his prescription was ready. I told him Nick had forgotten to give me the the doctor's DEA number, and that's all I needed to process the prescription. I also told Patrick that I'd called the doctor's office to tell them I needed this information, but I had to leave a message because they were out to lunch. Well, 20 minutes later I received a call from Nick, who said, "Hi, this is Nick Jonas. I got your message and am returning your call about Patrick Duffy's prescription." Here comes the fun part. I hadn't really left the doctor's office a message. So, I said to Nick, "Oh, I never left you a message. How about that? You read my mind and returned a call I didn't even make." Then Nick said, "Oh, I thought I had the number right here. I'll have to call you back later." He never called back. Here's the funniest part about the whole thing: Nick and Patrick are the same person. I mean, if you're going to call my pharmacy sounding either stoned or drunk, don't pretend to be two different people. Also funny is the fact that "Nick" called in a prescription for "Patrick" last month, and I didn't fill that one either. Now, I realize I lied to the man about having left a message with the doctor, but can't a girl have a little fun?
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
HA HA
Go you.
You do not mess with the superior wits of Kristin nee Pearson.
I want to hear more! He he he! You really are in collaboration with the devil I think! But it's oh so fun to hear about! You are my superstar!!!
You are hilarious! I didn't know being a pharmacist could be so much fun.
Post a Comment