CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nutty Pharm

People ask me a lot of silly questions at work. I'm not going to call them "dumb" questions because someone will probably tell me that "there's no such thing as a dumb question." Every day at work brings me great entertainment, and though the following stories aren't my best, it's what happened yesterday, so that's what you're stuck with.

1. "Does Medicaid cover Viagra?"

Why would Medicaid pay for something that would facilitate a person having MORE children who would subsequently need Medicaid coverage? If anything, Medicaid would cover a hysterectomy or a vasectomy (which I believe they currently do not). I mean, they should, but they don't.

2. "Do you have any Arnica Montana?"

Maybe that's not the dumb, er I mean, silly part. It's a fair question. My response was, "No, I do not have it, and I can't even order it anymore." Here comes the silliness. He then says, "That's what you told me last month." Ok, so if I told you that last month, tell me why you're coming back and asking me the SAME question. I can guarantee I'm going to tell you the same thing next month too.

3. "Will you just give me a few Lortab until I can get in to see my doctor?"

No!

There's also a lovely experience I had with a totally rude person who was trying to defraud the state of Washington's Worker's Compensation program, and who I nearly had to kick out of the pharmacy, but it's going to take too much energy to give the details. The fun part is that I had two other pharmacies call me after he left to get the Worker's Comp info we had on file, which leads me to believe he was having the same problem at the other places. I really wish I had it in me to give the whole story, but just know that it's unbelievably nuts. Ok, I'm done.

0 comments: