1. If you come to the pharmacy at 7:24 and it closed at 7:00, but it looks like there's still some poor, worn-out soul in the pharmacy just finishing up a few things, don't yell, "Hey! Hey! Hey you! I need my prescription right now! YOU told me to come back, and you're closed now?!?! This is ridiculous! *&$# *&$**# #$#*!" (especially if you're on medicaid). Instead say, "Oh no, I came back too late? Isn't there anyone that could get me my prescription, oh pretty please?"
2. If you have twins, don't name them Lisa and Lissa. I guess it would be okay if you love trouble and confusion, but if they ever needed prescription drugs, the pharmacist might get confused. This tip is a two-parter, so here's tip 2B: If you've had four or five children fathered by four or five different men and all your kids have different last names, don't send boyfriend #24 to pick up all your kids' medications. He might not remember the various/numerous first and last names, and then you might call the pharmacy to yell at someone because you didn't get all the medications you needed. Also make sure you don't demand that the pharmacist deliver the medication you (or boyfriend #24) left behind. This is especially obnoxious to pharmacy staff if, once again, you're on medicaid.
3. If you need a refill on your Lortab, and you're asked to which doctor should the refill request be sent, don't start rattling off four or five doctor names. That just sounds bad.
4. If you're calling in a refill for Viagra, and you're told it's going to take 30 minutes to fill, and you frantically ask if there's any chance you could get it in..say...15 minutes, that just sounds bad as well. I know it's hard in these situations, but try to plan ahead.
5. Don't trust the doctor when he tells you how much a prescription will cost you. If you choose to trust the doctor on the price quote, however, don't argue with the pharmacist when you're told that your Oxycontin isn't on the $4 list. Just figure that because the doctor isn't the one selling the drugs, he's probably the one that is WRONG.
Check back soon for more tips from your friendly neighborhood pharmacist. ; )
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Kristin's Tips for the Week...or Month...or Year
Posted by Kristiwistin at 10:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Are you saving these for publication? I'm sorry that it takes such aggravation for you to endure to amuse us so.
Wow! Laughed really hard! Love the Viagra tip!
I will try to remember these wonderful tips the next time I go to the pharmacy. Thank you for sharing your advice with us.
You crack me up! I think this pharmacist gig is just preparing you for some other gigs.
Post a Comment