CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

I want my two dollars!

Here's a question: Is two dollars a lot of money? I realize it's probably quite a bit of money these days, especially to those who have been laid off. Well, if you sense another pharmacy story coming, then you are a gifted individual. I had a young man (mid-30s) call me a day or two ago to tell me that he had been in to my pharmacy to pick up his medication, and that he decided not to get it because the cost was too great. His two medications were eight dollars total. I noticed they had not gone through his insurance, so I told him to wait on the phone while I submitted the claim. Well, his insurance info was no longer valid. He said he was certain he still had coverage, so I made a phone call or two and figured out his new carrier along with his new ID number. His new co-pay was then $1.10 for each medication. He exclaimed, "What?!?! That's like...that's just ridiculous! I am NOT paying that. I like get my medication for free or whatever. Ya know?" I explained that his plan probably changed with the new year and that he'd have to get with his benefits coordinator to get it figured out. He made a phonecall to that person and then called me back to say that he was told his new co-pays would be $1.10. Once again he said, "That is like so stupid! Two dollars is so ridiculous. I'm sorry. Like no, I'm not paying two dollars. Whatever." In the middle of his rant, I heard him ask someone for the directions to Emerald City Smoothie. Hmmm, like, aren't smoothies like five bucks? Ya know? Well, maybe I misjudged the guy. Perhaps he was headed there for a job interview. I'll never know. I do know that he never picked up his blood pressure medication, however.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Geez. These Americans and their sense of entitlement. Sheesh.

Steve and Holly said...

Maybe Obama will fix that for him. We certainly can't have people not having affordable healthcare!

Janet said...

Maybe you heard wrong. I bet you were supposed to give HIM $1.10 with each prescription. I think it's part of the new stimulus bill.

NatalieD said...

I think Holly and Janet are right.

pinkfrostycookies said...

Amazing. You need to get these stories published. Seriously!