CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm Sick of This Place

Usually threatening to take your business elsewhere is of real concern to any retail establishment. In my pharmacy, if you threaten to leave and never return, it's cause for much rejoicing. On Friday, I had a cranky customer go on and on about how this was the worst pharmacy and that from now on she's going somewhere else. Now, I know she didn't really mean it. I get four or five of these threats daily, but generally these people don't follow through (as we wish they would). This type of customer thinks that if they say they'll go to another pharmacy, we'll just do anything and everything in our power to make them happy and keep them coming back to us. This is not so. This woman found that out firsthand. She angrily stated she wasn't coming back because she was sick of our pharmacy and sick of all our mistakes. (She was mad on Friday because Medicaid wasn't paying for Allegra.) Anyway, she was in the process of picking up some prescriptions we had ready for her when I said, "Oh, I couldn't help but overhear what you said. I'd like to be helpful, so do you want me to just hand you back your prescription now, or can I call it into another pharmacy for you so you can get these somewhere else?" She responded (in a much less hostile tone, I might add), "Oh...oh...no. That's okay. I'll pick these up here." We didn't fulfill the extra demand she was making, and all was well anyway after that. I really hope she doesn't come back though.

3 comments:

Steve and Holly said...

I never get to talk to the pharmacist at the Wal-Mart here. They always just stay back behind the wall. Do you only get to talk to the pharmacist if you cause lots of trouble or maybe if the pharmacist just wants to mess with you?

Anonymous said...

Love it! Wish we could say that to alot of people about alot of things. Get in, get your perscription and GET OUT!!! This ain't no therapy session!

Preston and Kristin said...

You get to talk to the pharmacist all the time, regardless of your behavior, at my pharmacy. You do get more attention, however, if you're a knothead.