A girl called me last week to ask for a price on generic Ambien 10mg tablets. I told her the price, and then she asked if I could transfer it from Lin's. I said I would, and I told her that it could only be transferred one time (since it's a controlled substance), so she'd have to pick up her remaining refills at our pharmacy. I transferred the prescription to our pharmacy, and an hour later she called back to say she only wanted 15 tablets instead of 30 because they were so expensive. She asked, "Why is your guyses Ambien so expensive? I'm just wondering 'cause I can get it for so much cheaper everywhere else." I responded, "Well, if Lin's was cheaper, then why did you want me to transfer it here?" (I already knew the answer to this question. She wanted me to transfer it because Lin's wouldn't fill it since she had gotten Ambien at another pharmacy for a 30-day supply just 10 days earlier. She didn't tell me that, however. I just asked her that question to have a little fun.) She replied, "Well, I mean, Lin's was more than you guys, but like I've gotten it cheaper at Discount RX, Stapley's, Walgreens, Costco, Albertson's..." The rest of the story is really uneventful. She ended up just getting her 15 tablets, but not until several days later, because it was too soon to fill. You see, pharmacies talk to each other. A pharmacy passed some info on to Lin's, and they passed it on to us. I also thought it was funny that she didn't realize how much she sounded like a druggie with her little "you guys are expensive" rant.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment