We faxed a prior authorization form to a doctor's office on a particular medication for a patient. A prior authorization can be explained here. When we sent the authorization info to the doctor, we also indicated three alternative medications which would be covered under the insurance plan, should the doctor choose to change the medication instead of contact the insurance company. We waited a few days and still received no response from the doctor, so we resent the authorization form, and this is what we received back a few days after that.
Do you think the doctor wrote this? Do you think it was the doctor's nurse or medical assistant? Was it perhaps the receptionist? I think we can safely assume it wasn't the doctor, and we perhaps could also assume it was written by a girl, based on handwriting style. When this girl got hired in this office, we could also suppose she went home and told friends and family, "Oh my gosh! I actually got a job."
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Fun With Office Staff - Part 3
Posted by Kristiwistin at 8:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh my gosh! I love your stories!
Oh my gosh! Does she still have her job?!?
I wonder what kind of trick you could play on her/him? . . .
Wow! Some people just know everything, don't they? How rude! One day, you just wait, she'll be promoted to DOCTOR! Ha ha ha!
Post a Comment