A crotchety old man that frequents our pharmacy asked a favor of me last week. I'll tell you first that he's been in at least two yelling matches with pharmacy staff and is very impatient and condescending to pharmacy staff generally. When he sees me, however, his eyes just light up, and he's all sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows. Anyway, his granddaughter who usually pre-fills his insulin syringes for him moved away, and he needed a replacement filler. He asked me if I knew of anyone that would like to come over to his house and complete this task. He said he'd even pay ten dollars to whoever could do it. I told him maybe a pharmacy technician of mine or a neighbor nurse might be able to help him. After I offered a few more suggestions, he tilted his head, stared deep into my eyes, grinned, and said, "Well, I'd sure like it if...if you came over." I told him I was busy, and he said, "So you couldn't come over huh? I'd really like you to do it because I really like you. I'd even have dinner ready for you." I know what you're thinking. This man is lonely, so just go over and help him. He has a girlfriend though. Anyway, he kept telling me he really wanted to see me at his house over the weekend, and he started to rattle off directions to his house all while repeating the offer of ten dollars and free dinner. I kindly declined his offer and referred him to a home health agency.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You really should stop being so cute and nice!
You should have shown up with Preston in tow. He's your bodyguard, you know.
I can always count on your stories for a good laugh........or a creep out. Maybe you should just send Preston, alone. Better yet, start playing matchmaker. I'm sure you've got some lonely older ladies. ;)
Post a Comment