CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 8, 2013

Cussed Out Geriatrically...Again

Warning: Another cuss word is found within this post

Oh, this story is far too long and much too complicated to explain, so I'll give a brief summary. An 86-year-old woman, bless her heart, was prescribed Fentanyl patches (something generally used in chronic pain management).  She had been given a 15-day supply, and then about 5 days later on a Friday, she started to harass me for more.  Since she is somewhat confined to her house, we told her we'd help get the prescription from the doctor and then deliver the patches to her house. She wasn't out of patches yet though, so don't be worrying that she was using too many and overdosing.  She said she didn't actually need them that day, or the next day, or even in the many days to follow.  She was just worried that we "bunch a idiots" wouldn't get it taken care of in time.  I assured her in the most polite manner that I would take care of everything and get her patches to her several days before she'd actually NEED them.  Our two or three conversations, and conversations with her home health agency whom she was also harassing, took up a good part of my day.  I worked quite hard to allay her fear that she'd run out of medication, even though the doctor was out of the office until Monday.  I promised her she'd have those patches on Monday, but at the end of my final phone conversation with her right before she hung up on me, she yelled, "Get off the phone ya sons a bitches!!!"  I wasn't at work the following Monday, but did that lady get her patches?  She sure did.  See what kind of girl I am? 

1 comments:

JanHunsaker said...

Oh how I love this!!! Yeah!!!