CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 3, 2014

I Finally Look Old Enough

When patients come to the pharmacy, especially those of advanced age, they are confused when they're told I'm the pharmacist because I'm "very young" or "a girl." They'll ask to talk to the "real" pharmacist. I'm okay with that and have never been offended, but I'm trying to decide how I should feel about what happened earlier this week. I approached a man at the pharmacy window for a consult about medication he was picking up for his father. He told me there was no need to discuss it, because his father had been on that medication since "your oldest child was very young." The blank stare on my face encouraged him further, "Since your oldest child was very, very young. I mean, REALLY young. He's been on this medication since your oldest child was in diapers." I still just stared and then finally responded, "So he's been taking it for almost 2 years?" Then he was the one with the blank stare. We parted ways without another word spoken.

0 comments: