CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

6 - 1 = 5

Surprise! Here's another work story. Today one of my techs became too frustrated to handle a customer on the phone, so she asked me to take over. The woman on the phone wanted to know why she had 5 refills when she had 6 before. She told me that she didn't pick up her prescription last month, so she should still have 6 refills. I explained to her that she picked it up today, however, and that counted as one of the 6 refills. After that, she continued her "but why I have only 5 refill...I pick up no refill last month" broken record. I explained again that because she picked it up today, her label would show only 5 refills. That still didn't suffice. I finally told her, "You had 6 refills. You picked up ONE refill today. Six minus one is five." She then said, "But I no pick it up last month." I said, "Okay, do you agree that you picked up a refill today?" She said, "Yes." I said, "So, we both agree that you picked up your medication today?" She said, "Yes, but why I have 5 refill?" Anyway, it went on and on like that, and she finally said, "Okay, I bring all my medicine in and show you to your face that I'm supposed to have 6 refill." She never came in. The End!

2 comments:

KellyLady said...

I think you should write a book about all the dumb and funny things that you experience working in a pharmacy! And it looks like you guys had a great time in NY! When are you going to be in southern AB next?

pinkfrostycookies said...

Thanks for dispensing the best medicine....laughter!
Crazy good times!