CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Arrests

An angry girl of about 24 years came to my pharmacy a week or two ago stating that we had shorted her 30 Oxycontin tablets. Another pharmacist and I repeatedly assured her that this was impossible and that several measures are employed to avoid such an error. The girl was accompanied by her mother, and both were irate, stating, "This is the worst pharmacy! You always screw up our stuff!" The girl, with tears flowing, also kept saying, "How could you make this mistake? How could you do this to me? I lock my medication in a safe as soon as I get home. You need to give me my pills. You have to believe me. How could you make this mistake?!?!" Even though her tears looked legit, I didn't believe her. She seriously would have been a convincing actress if I hadn't been lied to about 378 times before by other customers. A few days later I received a call from another pharmacy informing us that this girl said we shorted her 30 tablets and that she needed to get a new prescription for Oxycontin filled. (The doctor believed her story and issued her another prescription.) It's interesting, because I knew for a fact that when she left our pharmacy in a rage 2 or 3 days before that she had 30 tablets in her possession (the original prescription called for 60 tablets). I told the pharmacist that she shouldn't fill it for her, because she still had at least two weeks of medication left. The girl threw another fit at that pharmacy and was still denied her request. Anyway, since moving here, I've learned a favorite pasttime of locals is to look up recent local arrests online. In one of my visits to the ol' arrests website, I noticed a familiar face. That's right. This girl had been arrested. What was the charge, you may wonder? She was arrested for marijuana and cocaine possession, among other things. How about that?

5 comments:

Steve and Holly said...

You learn some interesting information from the arrest records.

Melanie said...

It's always so fun to read your blog!

Abby said...

Looking at the local arrests helps us to know whose family should be utterly humiliated, and why. It's much better than the obituaries I think because they don't usually inform the reader how the person died.

Anonymous said...

What lovely people you meet! I wish I could have been there to see the performance. Breathtaking.... real tears too huh? I hope in the end she wasn't sprayed in the eyes with mace for nothing. For shame, for shame.

NatalieD said...

Some people's children!!!!