CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 28, 2011

If I Were Psychic, This Job Would Be Easier

A woman called to inform me that a prescription had been called in to the pharmacy the day before and that she was told by some "incompetent kid" that she would not be able to pick it up because "my doctor needs to call the insurance or something like that for a prior authorization or something." Yes, it probably was a prior authorization that prevented her from getting the medication right away. She said that since I was the pharmacist, she was just sure I could get the insurance to cover the medication so she could get it today. I needed more information from her, so I asked for her name. I attempted to find her in the database and had no success. I tried to look her up by name, date of birth, phone number, etc., but I was just not finding her. I told her that I couldn't locate the prescription information anywhere, and I asked her if she was sure it had been called in yesterday. She said, "Yes, of course it was. That's just what I finished telling you about!" I confessed I still had no clue about the prescription in question. "Well, it was called in and someone told me I had to wait for the insurance to approve it." I questioned her again, "Are you positive it was called in here yesterday?" She finally exclaimed, "No, it was called in to Walgreens! Don't you know that?" Um, yeah, my real name is Sylvia Browne.

0 comments: