A lady came to the pharmacy requesting a 10-pack of insulin syringes. This particular pharmacy doesn't sell 10-packs anymore. If someone wants insulin syringes, they have to buy a box of 100. It's the pharmacy's way of fighting illegal substance abuse. The logic seems sound. (As a side story, I told a different lady she had to buy 100 instead of 10, and she showed up 4 hours later with a sock holding enough coins to make the purchase.) This woman didn't seem bothered by the requirement to purchase 100 syringes until I told her the price. Instead of the $2.50 for 10 she was used to, she would have to pay approximately $14 for 100. She said, "Are you kidding me?! That's outrageous! I need them for my cat, and you expect me to pay $14 for syringes? My cat will die without these. Fourteen dollars is crazy!" I thought about pointing out that 10 packs of 10 would end up costing $25 over time, but I didn't think she'd use that information wisely, since she didn't automatically do that basic math on her own. In case my readers don't like math either, I figure it's nice to mention that's a savings of $11. Anyway, I could understand her frustration, so I offered to call around and find a pharmacy that still sold 10-packs. Well that wasn't good enough! She continued, "What good is that going to do? Then I have to drive to another store!" I mean, if you love your cat, and if your cat is going to die, what's a little extra driving? While she continued her rant about how stupid I was and whatever, I noticed she had in her cart a box set of "Married With Children," a case of diet Pepsi, a jug of LA Looks hair gel and about nine candles. I almost suggested she put an item or two back in order to make the syringes seem more affordable, but how can I make someone choose between a beloved feline family member and Al Bundy? The choices some people have to make...
Friday, June 23, 2017
Al Bundy Comes First
(Maybe "my cat" is code for black tar heroin. Don't know. Don't care.)
Posted by Kristiwistin at 11:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment