The following scene is real, but the names are not. Well, they're real names, but they aren't the names that fit the actual real-life story. Instead of the actual names, I will use some of the most common names in the Braid Brigade community:
At the drive-up window---
SUV #1: I need Esther Barlow's prescription.
Me: (After doing some research upon seeing that the prescription wasn't ready) It hasn't been filled yet. The problem is that the doctor requested brand name Synthroid, and Medicaid says it's not covered.
SUV #1: Okay, bye.
SUV #2 (about two hours later): I'm here to get Esther Barlow's Synthroid.
Me: Hmmm, someone asked about it a couple of hours ago, but I'll tell you what I told them. Medicaid doesn't pay for it, so unless you'd like to pay cash for it, it's not ready to pick up.
SUV#2: Well Medicaid should pay.
Me: It doesn't pay for brand on this particular medication.
SUV #2: Okay, I will call the doctor.
SUV #2 drives away, and then some soft-spoken woman calls from the doctor's office to let us know that they're okay if we don't fill brand name for Esther Barlow and that they've already spoken to the patient about it.
SUV #3: There should prescriptions for Miryam Jeffs, Edmund Barlow, and Esther Jeffs.
Me: I have Miryam's and Edmund's, but I don't have one for Esther Jeffs.
SUV #3: Well, I just talked to the doctor and they've been having a problem with not being able to get her Synthroid.
Me: Oh, you mean Esther BARLOW?!
SUV #3: No
SUV #3 drives away and returns 10 minutes later ---
SUV #3: You know, it is for Esther Barlow. Sorry about that. I need to get her Synthroid.
Me: Okay, I just finished getting it ready. We had to switch to levothyroxine, the generic for Synthroid.
SUV #3: She can't take that!
Me: Oh. The doctor said it was okay to switch and that they had let the patient know that they are okay with her taking generic.
SUV #3: Well let me call Miryam and ask her.
Me: You mean Esther?
SUV #3: NO!!!
Me: Okay. Well, I don't have Synthroid for Miryam. I have generic Synthroid for Esther Barlow, however.
SUV #3: Oh, that's the one I need.
If they can't keep it straight, how am I supposed to survive? Good grief.
Friday, June 23, 2017
What's in a Name?
Posted by Kristiwistin at 10:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment